Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Chocolate diet helps boxer to silver medal

A piece of chocolate a day keeps the weight away.

Well, maybe not quite but that's the theory Monty's Chocolates owner Steve Sheldon followed to win a silver medal at the Australian Masters national boxing tournament in Adelaide last month.

Mr Sheldon weighed more than 100kg but decided he'd had enough. He took up boxing, shed more than 15kg and became fighting fit, all while eating chocolate every day.

"Boxing was always a passion of mine from the armchair; I was one of those boxing geeks who could tell you a blow-by-blow account of a particular fight but had never actually put on a pair of gloves myself," he said.

When he did finally slip on the gloves, Mr Sheldon fell in love with the sport.

He went on a strict diet to prepare for the tournament and made sure the nutritionist he visited incorporated a few pieces of dark chocolate (20g) into his diet.

"I promised myself if I stuck to the restrictive diet during the day, after dinner I could have the four squares of chocolate," he said. "One of things I didn't expect was the psychological benefits ... since I've been boxing, my state of mind has been very level and I can only put it down to the endorphins going into my system and the stress leaving my body."

Article posted by Spencer Samaroo, Managing Director, Moo-Lolly-Bar
The best online chocolate, lolly and confectionery store on the web!

If you like what you have read check out our updates on Facebook and Twitter.

Source and Photo: Courier Mail


No comments: