INGREDIENTS - (Serves 6, Makes 18-20)
190g dark chocolate
100ml pure cream
45g icing sugar, sifted plus extra for dusting
90g dried shredded coconut, toasted until golden
2-6 bird's eye chillies deseeded, finely chopped
1 pack spring roll wrappers, 20cm square
1 egg white
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Bring Malibu to the boil, add raisins, remove from heat and allow the liquid to be absorbed by the raisins. When cool, roughly chop. This can all be done in advance.
2. In a bowl over simmering water, melt the chocolate, butter and cream, then add icing sugar, coconut, chilli and raisins.
3. Mix well and cool in fridge stirring occasionally. When set, weigh out pieces at 25g, form into a cylinder shape about 12cm long and set aside. To assemble, lay a wrapper in a diamond shape on a bench, place a piece of the chocolate mix about a third of the way up the wrapper and roll quite tightly from the bottom corner until halfway up the wrapper.
4. Fold in the outside corners and continue rolling until just the top corner remains.
5. Brush the corner with egg white and finish rolling. Repeat, rolling a few at a time. Refrigerate or freeze. Heat oil to 180C and deep fry until golden. Drain on kitchen paper, dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream or sorbet.
Article posted by Spencer Samaroo, Managing Director, Moo-Lolly-Bar
The best online chocolate, lolly and confectionery store on the web!
If you like what you have read check out our updates on Facebook and Twitter.
Source and Photo: Adelaide Now